You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone storage

Why is my iphone storage system data at 30 gigabytes I do understand it’s supposed to be a little but 30 gigabytes is way to much for the little things i do on this phone and my previous phone the iphone 8 had less system data and i did more and had it for a longer time

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 7:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 7:18 PM

Prailsx Said:

"iPhone storage: Why is my iphone storage system data at 30 gigabytes I do understand it’s supposed to be a little but 30 gigabytes is way to much for the little things i do on this phone and my previous phone the iphone 8 had less system data and i did more and had it for a longer time"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

About "System Data":

Use this Link: How to Check the Storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. The storage named "System Data (formerly called "Other") is the grey bar. So, to clear that, this is what to perform: Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 11, 2022 7:18 PM in response to Prailsx

Prailsx Said:

"iPhone storage: Why is my iphone storage system data at 30 gigabytes I do understand it’s supposed to be a little but 30 gigabytes is way to much for the little things i do on this phone and my previous phone the iphone 8 had less system data and i did more and had it for a longer time"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

About "System Data":

Use this Link: How to Check the Storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. The storage named "System Data (formerly called "Other") is the grey bar. So, to clear that, this is what to perform: Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

iphone storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.