You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mac Mini (2018) - iCloud LOCKED

Hello Apple Teammate,

I legal purchase a used 2018 Mac mini (A1993) with serial no. C07****YVW from eBay on June 5,2022.

eBay order no. ****

This device was delivered and it has more difficult than my thought. I could not able contact the pervious owner to forget this device or unlock iCloud from this device.

They did background check of the device

with local law enforcement with the serial no. to made sure this wasn't stolen item and sold to eBay. I was legal purchase (see attached invoice and picture from the chassis of S/N).

I am request Apple support can unlock this device or contact the pervious owner (if found registered) so I can able to fresh install this device and remove all data from the hard drive.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 5:51 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jun 14, 2022 6:33 AM in response to P-Li

Hi P-Li,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with the Activation Lock on the Mac mini you purchased off Ebay. We'd like to work with you on this.

From what you've described, it sounds like the Activation Lock was set on this Mac mini when it was first set up by the original owner. This feature is part of the device's security system. In order to remove this lock, you will need to reach out to the original owner to have them remotely remove this lock. You can follow the steps here to try to get this done: How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

We know you mentioned that you've tried to reach out to them already. If you continue to be unsuccessful, we would recommend that you work with Ebay on a return, as Apple cannot remove an Activation Lock on a second hand device. They will only work with the original owner who set the Activation Lock, and has proof of the original purchase.

Hope that helps get you pointed in the right direction for help with this.

Take care!

Apple Mac Mini (2018) - iCloud LOCKED

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.