You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Save as and Settings functions not working on 2020 Macbook Air after 12.0.1 Update.

Since the 12.0.1 update, I haven't been able to use the Save As functions, and I recently discovered that this extends to uploading documents into anything using the menu and some settings functions. I have restarted my computer, but I don't have tons of time so I haven't gotten around to trying much else. I can get the menu open, but once there it freezes up. I can't cancel the save/upload, and I can't complete it. I have included a picture of the save menu(uploaded via drag & drop), and the green square is what I can click on. Online locations doesn't work either because it won't let me add my OneDrive(I can log in all I want, it just never shows up). If I get stuck here I have to force quit the application. It's the same for saving from or uploading anything online.

For the Settings issue, I just discovered it when I went to update my mac in the hopes that would fix the issue. I can navigate settings just fine, and there seems to be no problems, until I go to hit anything to change something on my mac. Once again, a picture is included with what I can click on that works, and this is true for every one of the options in settings.

I need to get this fixed. Please help.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 10:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 6:27 PM

Try starting up in Safe Mode, then restart normally.

Similar questions

1 reply

Save as and Settings functions not working on 2020 Macbook Air after 12.0.1 Update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.