You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I receive texts from just one individual?

Why can’t I receive texts from one individual. I checked and her number is not blocked, I also confirmed all contact information both hers and mine. I can receive FaceTime and regular calls, but her texts do not come through. This is on my I phone 13.

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 10:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 10:15 PM

Growgrew Said:

"Why can’t I receive texts from one individual. I checked and her number is not blocked, I also confirmed all contact information both hers and mine. I can receive FaceTime and regular calls, but her texts do not come through. This is on my I phone 13."

-------

Troubleshooting Filtered-Out Calls:

A. Security Software Being the Culprit:

Have any filtering software installed(i.e. Security Software)? If so, remove he number form the filter list. Security Software just gets in the way on an Apple device, and this is a pure example of how and why. So, uninstall it, per instructions of the Developer.

B. Other Filtered Numbers:

If her number is assigned to a different contact, and that contact is filtered out, then her number would be included.

C. Contact your Carrier:

See if you carrier has any fixes, as it may be a misconfiguration in the SIM card --something only the Carrier provides services for.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 14, 2022 10:15 PM in response to Growgrew

Growgrew Said:

"Why can’t I receive texts from one individual. I checked and her number is not blocked, I also confirmed all contact information both hers and mine. I can receive FaceTime and regular calls, but her texts do not come through. This is on my I phone 13."

-------

Troubleshooting Filtered-Out Calls:

A. Security Software Being the Culprit:

Have any filtering software installed(i.e. Security Software)? If so, remove he number form the filter list. Security Software just gets in the way on an Apple device, and this is a pure example of how and why. So, uninstall it, per instructions of the Developer.

B. Other Filtered Numbers:

If her number is assigned to a different contact, and that contact is filtered out, then her number would be included.

C. Contact your Carrier:

See if you carrier has any fixes, as it may be a misconfiguration in the SIM card --something only the Carrier provides services for.

Why can’t I receive texts from just one individual?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.