You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 Pro vs. M2?

I just purchased the MacBook Pro M1Pro. I originally wanted the M2 after watching the videos...... but the salesperson told me it was not yet on the market. She suggested the M1Pro because she said it was faster & better.

I am concerned I made the right decision going with her advice.

I loved everything M2 has for the MacBook Pro... what would I be missing from the M2 vs M1Pro?

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 1:20 PM

6 replies

Jun 15, 2022 1:24 PM in response to Stafish

Since Apple has NOT released any information about the next generation MacBook Pro with M2 Chip, we couldn't possibly tell you what may be missing. All I would expect is a slightly faster Neural Engine. I bought the M1 MacBook Pro M1 Pro just a month ago, full well knowing a newer one will arrive either later in the year or in early 2023 and honestly don't think I'd ever see a real world difference. I would suggest you enjoy your new MacBook Pro and not worry about what the future may hold.

M1 Pro vs. M2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.