You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change a setting in Word 2008 for Mac back to single-sided printing (Mac OS High Sierra)?

It's been a long time since I had to tinker with my Word 2008 printer settings, and I've forgotten how. Now for some reason, the program has changed both "Last Used Settings" and "Default Settings" to print 2-sided. So even when I select my "Draft-1 Sided" preset," the next time I need to print something, I can only print 2-sided unless I set it to 1-sided printing again (which of course I don't always remember to do."

What I've done so far: (1) I've opened the Office print menu and clicked on "Pre-Sets," but no option appears for altering them, only for deleting them. I've tried deleting "Default Settings" in the hope of making a new Default preset "Draft-1-sided," but it won't let me delete or alter them. (2) I also can't delete "Last Used Settings," and even when I uncheck the box for that, the settings still flip back to "Default" after I print something. Can anyone tell me how to make "Default" 1-sided and to make "Last Used Settings" reflect the setting that was actually used last time? Thanks so much for any help!

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 12:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 2:57 PM

So many Apps & printers have different Dialog boxes for Printing, but From Text Edit, CMD+p, then look for something like Layout, click on that, look for Two sided...

Similar questions

1 reply

How do I change a setting in Word 2008 for Mac back to single-sided printing (Mac OS High Sierra)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.