You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whatsapp Android to ios transfer backup

Hello everyone,

i saw whatsapp that is finally starting to roll out the feature to transfer your android whatsapp chats to a new iPhone. If I understood correctly, the iPhone has to be factory reset for this to work. My problem now is, that I have been using my old android phone just for whatsapp, and the iPhone for everything else. If I now factory reset my iPhone and use the move to ios app to restore the whatsapp messages, will I be able to save those messages to my iCloud, reset my phone again and then restore the whole iPhone from iCloud while setting it up a second time? Or will all the old backups be overwritten after moving just my chats to the iPhone and backing them up to icloud?

i‘m asking because i don‘t know of a way to restore my iPhone from the android phone just for the whatsapp messages and at the same time restore all the data saved to the iCloud in the timespan I have had this iPhone.

thank you in advance!

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 6:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 7:36 PM

That's a question for WhatsApp support.

Similar questions

1 reply

Whatsapp Android to ios transfer backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.