You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot setup a HomePod mini on my iPhone 13. Not compatible with my network

I am getting network incompatibility messages when trying to setup a HomePod

mini on my iPhone

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 4:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 7:41 AM

HomePod is designed to connect to secure Wi-Fi running WPA2. iOS 15.4 has added the ability to connect to some kinds of captive network. See Use your HomePod on an 802.1X Wi-Fi network - Apple Support. What is the exact error message you get when you try to set up your HomePod?

See Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support and also Use private Wi-Fi addresses on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support - note that the private Wi-Fi address feature should be disabled on your own network where you want your devices to be able to communicate with each outer. Disable any features in your router for client/guest/wireless isolation/security that blocks peer to peer traffic. If your router supports multiple networks for personal and guest use don't give your own devices the guest credentials.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 20, 2022 7:41 AM in response to rwa8902

HomePod is designed to connect to secure Wi-Fi running WPA2. iOS 15.4 has added the ability to connect to some kinds of captive network. See Use your HomePod on an 802.1X Wi-Fi network - Apple Support. What is the exact error message you get when you try to set up your HomePod?

See Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support and also Use private Wi-Fi addresses on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support - note that the private Wi-Fi address feature should be disabled on your own network where you want your devices to be able to communicate with each outer. Disable any features in your router for client/guest/wireless isolation/security that blocks peer to peer traffic. If your router supports multiple networks for personal and guest use don't give your own devices the guest credentials.

tt2

I cannot setup a HomePod mini on my iPhone 13. Not compatible with my network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.