You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple pencil 2nd gen glitchy in multiple drawing apps since ipados 15.5 update

I use a 2nd gen Apple Pencil in procreate and sketchbook, and also in Nebo (note taking app). Since the 15.5 update, random stray lines appear while I’m drawing or taking notes. This happens frequently.

I have tried the following: unpaired and then paired the pencil, shut down and restarted the drawing apps, uninstalled and reinstalled the apps, shut down and restarted my ipad.

I also tried using a family members pencil thinking maybe it was my pencil that was the problem. The same thing happened with the family members pencil.

Anyone have suggestions or experiencing the same thing?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 5:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 1:24 AM

Clearly, you are not experiencing difficulties with pairing and operation of the Pencil itself. As such you either have a software issue, or iPad screen hardware fault that may require further investigation.

If your iPad is not performing as expected, a forced-restart will often clear an isolated software issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If you continue to experience difficulties, you may need to seek assistance directly from from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

You might also visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where you will ne able to demonstrate the problem, allowing the technicians to test and assess your iPad:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 20, 2022 1:24 AM in response to Ada423

Clearly, you are not experiencing difficulties with pairing and operation of the Pencil itself. As such you either have a software issue, or iPad screen hardware fault that may require further investigation.

If your iPad is not performing as expected, a forced-restart will often clear an isolated software issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If you continue to experience difficulties, you may need to seek assistance directly from from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

You might also visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where you will ne able to demonstrate the problem, allowing the technicians to test and assess your iPad:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Jun 19, 2022 6:07 PM in response to Ada423

Ada423 Said:

"apple pencil 2nd gen glitchy in multiple drawing apps since ipados 15.5 update: [...]Anyone have suggestions or experiencing the same thing?"

-------

No. I am not having this issue.

Report this as a Bug to Apple:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that is all stated after installing an update. Include the URL of this post.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Jun 19, 2022 9:38 PM in response to Ada423

Ada423 Said:

"apple pencil 2nd gen glitchy in multiple drawing apps since ipados 15.5 update:Thank you for the reply. I am using an iPad Pro 12.9” 4th generation. Not an iPhone. So I posted in the area for iPads instead. However I did notice that in the iPad feedback they haven’t added 15.5 to the version list yet"

-------

Providing Feedback for iPadOS 15.5:

Best you use the Developer Forums: Create a New Post - Apple Developer Forums

apple pencil 2nd gen glitchy in multiple drawing apps since ipados 15.5 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.