You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing apps

How to recover missing apps such as my App Store? Woke up this morning and App Store is no longer in my IPhone 8. Not sure what happened but need to get it back. Any suggestions that do not include recovery

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 9:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 10:35 AM

I don't think you can delete the App Store app from an iPhone. But you can hide it or move it into a folder.

Maybe check Settings > Screen TIme > Content & Privacy Restrictions. If this is on, tap iTunes & App Store Purchases. Make sure Allow is enabled for Installing, Deleting, and In-app Purchases.

Also, ensure you didn't accidentally move the App Store app into a folder or other screen. You can search for the App Store, or any other app, on your iPhone by following the directions in this support article from Apple.

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 22, 2022 10:35 AM in response to PeanutFamily

I don't think you can delete the App Store app from an iPhone. But you can hide it or move it into a folder.

Maybe check Settings > Screen TIme > Content & Privacy Restrictions. If this is on, tap iTunes & App Store Purchases. Make sure Allow is enabled for Installing, Deleting, and In-app Purchases.

Also, ensure you didn't accidentally move the App Store app into a folder or other screen. You can search for the App Store, or any other app, on your iPhone by following the directions in this support article from Apple.

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

missing apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.