You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air drop down, red, orange 7 green buttons

Normally, I would click on the little red button to close out a program. When the drop down menu with the 3 little buttons no longer comes down, how do I get them back? Or how do I close out the program?

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 9:41 AM

6 replies

Jun 22, 2022 2:57 PM in response to ku4hx

To try to clarify: I no longer get the drop-down menu when an app is open in full screen. I always used to still have the drop down menu, even when the app was open in full screen. Why do I no longer have the drop down menu when app is open in full screen? And how can I get that feature back?

Jun 22, 2022 7:36 PM in response to robnich

Periodically, seems to happen more often as time goes on, when I move the cursor to the top of full screen, nothing happens -- no drop-down menu, no buttons to click on. Now, it's working properly again, not sure for how long this time. I was hoping someone could inform me of a remedy for when it happens.

MacBook Air drop down, red, orange 7 green buttons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.