You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My says to sign in even though I'm signed in

This identical issue was raised in 2020: Find My says to sign in even though I'm s… - Apple Community

The solution proposed there — create a new user account — seems impractical and nonsensical.

A few weeks ago I started using a new MacBook Pro (M1 Max, 16-inch, 2021) running macOS Monterey. Everything seems to be working fine except Find My. On my iPhone (13 from last fall) it works fine, I see the location of my family and their devices, except for my laptop.

On the laptop, the People tab of Find My says “Sign In. Start sharing your location with friends or family members.” Below that is a button saying System Preferences which takes me to the Apple ID tab. That shows me signed into Apple ID. In the iCloud sub-tab, the check box for Find My Mac is checked. I have tried unchecking and rechecking that, but it had no effect.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 8:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 3:26 PM

Despite spending about two hours on chat, talking to three nice support folks, interspersed with a reboot into Safe Mode, and a reinstallation of macOS, in the end, the problem was not fixed, the same symptoms remain.

2 replies

Find My says to sign in even though I'm signed in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.