You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mobile data greyed out

Hi everyone, I'm trying to set up an Apple Watch Series 4 Cellular onto my phone to allow my child to use as part of the Family Sharing ability.

The watch pairs with my phone and sets up all correctly, however I cannot seem to go any further beyond the mobile data menu. On the next screen the "Set up mobile data" option is greyed out with a message reading:

"The Three account on this iPhone cannot be used to add a data plan to "Child's Apple Watch". For more information about Apple Watch data plans visit https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular"

I've been through all the diagnostic stuff with Three via their online chat, restarting both devices, unpairing the watch and pairing again etc., but have not managed to come to a resolution.

Three seem to have just given up claiming the watch is faulty? Surely there's got to be something else going on here?

Apple Watch Series 4

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 9:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 10:04 AM

According to this list Three Network doesn't support family sharing;

Apple Watch - Carriers

Similar questions

4 replies

Mobile data greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.