You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to I get Apple tv to stream to my Smart TV just like Netflix and Amazon Prime

How do I stream from my computer to my smart tv? Like I do Netflix

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 5:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 8:13 PM

If your smart TV support the Apple TV app, then you can use that app to view Apple TV online streaming content.

If your smart TV is AirPlay-enabled, then you can AirPlay or Screen Mirror from your Mac.

Else you will need to connect a streaming device that supports the Apple TV app and/or AirPlay [Apple TV box or Roku or other].

The Apple TV app on Apple devices doesn't do Chromecast or other casting protocols that are not AirPlay.

List of Apple TV app-supported devices - Apple

Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV, streaming device, or game console - Apple Support

List of AirPlay 2-enabled smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

All the ways to watch in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use AirPlay to stream what’s on your Mac to an HDTV - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 24, 2022 8:13 PM in response to Swanboy33

If your smart TV support the Apple TV app, then you can use that app to view Apple TV online streaming content.

If your smart TV is AirPlay-enabled, then you can AirPlay or Screen Mirror from your Mac.

Else you will need to connect a streaming device that supports the Apple TV app and/or AirPlay [Apple TV box or Roku or other].

The Apple TV app on Apple devices doesn't do Chromecast or other casting protocols that are not AirPlay.

List of Apple TV app-supported devices - Apple

Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV, streaming device, or game console - Apple Support

List of AirPlay 2-enabled smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

All the ways to watch in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use AirPlay to stream what’s on your Mac to an HDTV - Apple Support

How to I get Apple tv to stream to my Smart TV just like Netflix and Amazon Prime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.