You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my downloaded music on Apple Music not playing when I’m disconnected from WiFi?

All the songs play fine when connected to WiFi, however once WiFi connection is lost I go to the downloaded music section and select a song however the time bar remains on the zero mark. Additionally if the songs are on the recently downloaded list that appears as you open the app in the library it will play without a WiFi connection, however if you search for the same song on the complete list of downloaded music and select it from there it will not play without WiFi. Can anyone provide assistance in resolving this issue? Thank you.

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 9:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 4:24 PM

Hello True_Starlight,

Thanks for letting us know what you are noticing with Apple Music. Delete music in the Apple Music app and Remove Download. Now try downloading the content again while connected to Wi-Fi.

Let us know if this makes a difference. You'll also want to verify you have the latest iOS software installed on your iPhone.

We hope this helps.

Cheers.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 25, 2022 4:24 PM in response to True_Starlight

Hello True_Starlight,

Thanks for letting us know what you are noticing with Apple Music. Delete music in the Apple Music app and Remove Download. Now try downloading the content again while connected to Wi-Fi.

Let us know if this makes a difference. You'll also want to verify you have the latest iOS software installed on your iPhone.

We hope this helps.

Cheers.

Why is my downloaded music on Apple Music not playing when I’m disconnected from WiFi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.