You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Stuck in Preparing To Download

I can't download anything from Safari. Files get stuck in "preparing to download" and nothing happens. I've already tried signing out/in to apple store and didn't work.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 9:13 AM

6 replies

Jun 29, 2022 1:47 PM in response to @L3x

Hello @L3x,

We see you're running into problems with completing downloads from Safari. Check out and follow the steps on this page to resolve the issue: If you can’t download an item from the web using Safari on Mac - Apple Support. Also, make sure that you're following the steps on this page to download items from the web using Safari: Download items from the web using Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

If you're running into an issue with Safari or other apps closing unexpectedly the steps in this guide will help: If an app on your Mac stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support. As it shows there, you'll want to make sure the Mac and all the software on the Mac are up-to-date. You can open the App Store to check for updates.

We hope this information helps you out.

Cheers!

Jun 29, 2022 10:59 AM in response to @L3x

Greetings @L3x,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We see that you have not received a reply to your question yet.

Which specific software version are you using? Does this happen with just one file, or multiple?

Are you able to replicate this issue? If so, which specific steps to you take to do so?

Have you restarted your Mac?

The more detail you can provide, the better the chances of receiving a reply.

Cheers.

Jun 29, 2022 1:22 PM in response to Dustin_R_308

I have a MacAir 2021 vers. 12.4 OS, with A1 processor. Bought it new like 6 mo. ago.

I can replicate the error. It happens also with outlook and onedrive, word (I can’t save documents in hard drive or icloud, juts in onedrive). Generally with everything that need to use the cloud it presents difficulties. Apparently communication issues with Microsoft.

Safari works fine but does not downloads. It worked at the beginning but then stopped.

I reseted the machine, erased cache, cookies and checked safari settings. Nothing worked.

Also some times mac is unresponsive as some apps just won’t open. They just jump in the genius bar but don’t work (ie. Microsoft Teams, Logos Bible Software, among others.)

Not sure if it is a software or hardware issue.

Safari Stuck in Preparing To Download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.