You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wired headphones not working

i have an iPhone 13 that is suddenly not recognizing my wired headphones. I have tried the headphones on other devices and they still work. I am able to use port to charge phone. I can connect iPhone to blue tooth linked devices and still able to hear Audio via phone’s speaker. I have checked for lint and restarted phone but issue persists. Any suggestions?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 8:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 8:43 AM

Thank you for providing those details, Ani011.

To confirm, do the headphones have a lightning connector or 3.5mm headset jack? If you're using headphones with a 3.5mm headset jack, do you have issues if you use a different 3.5mm to lightning adapter with the iPhone? If so, you'll want to reach out to Apple for additional support. If you're using Apple EarPods or another headset with the Lightning connector, reaching out to Apple is the right next step as well. You can locate their contact details via the link below.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 30, 2022 8:43 AM in response to Ani011

Thank you for providing those details, Ani011.

To confirm, do the headphones have a lightning connector or 3.5mm headset jack? If you're using headphones with a 3.5mm headset jack, do you have issues if you use a different 3.5mm to lightning adapter with the iPhone? If so, you'll want to reach out to Apple for additional support. If you're using Apple EarPods or another headset with the Lightning connector, reaching out to Apple is the right next step as well. You can locate their contact details via the link below.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Take care!

Jun 30, 2022 8:02 AM in response to Ani011

Hi Ani011,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with your iPhone when using wired headphones. We'd like to help.

You've done some good troubleshooting so far. Just to clarify, have you tried another pair of wired headphones in your iPhone 13? While you mentioned that your headphones work in other devices, it can be helpful to know if other headphones work with your iPhone. It will help you isolate the issue to the headphones themselves or the iPhone.

In the meantime, have you checked out this resource to troubleshoot this issue: If your headphones don't work with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Let us know and we'll continue to help!

My wired headphones not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.