You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my Apple Id from x@(provider.com to a new @iCloud account

Hi. I created my ID using 3rd party email, and now I want to change it to a new iCloud alias. Is it possible?

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 12:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 12:58 AM

You can change it to your main iCloud address. You cannot change it to an 'email alias' - an additional address added to your iCloud mail account. Please see Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

However I would suggest that you don't do this but use another third party email. If you really want to use your iCloud address you ned to provide a third-party email address as your contact address: otherwise if a problem arises with hyour account but your only contact address is your Apple ID and you can't access it you will be stuck as Support will be unable to contact you.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 29, 2022 12:58 AM in response to jareddokun

You can change it to your main iCloud address. You cannot change it to an 'email alias' - an additional address added to your iCloud mail account. Please see Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

However I would suggest that you don't do this but use another third party email. If you really want to use your iCloud address you ned to provide a third-party email address as your contact address: otherwise if a problem arises with hyour account but your only contact address is your Apple ID and you can't access it you will be stuck as Support will be unable to contact you.

How do I change my Apple Id from x@(provider.com to a new @iCloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.