You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Choppy experience while mirroring MacBook Pro 14'' 2021 to Apple TV 4K 2021

I have read a similar thread on this topic, and it has not been updated in a while so I am restarting one.

The video and sound get choppy after a few minutes while mirroring my MacBook Pro 14'' to my Apple TV 4K (both purchased in 2021).

Any update on a resolution for this?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 6:49 PM

2 replies

Jun 30, 2022 6:51 PM in response to BrosephDion

Hello,

That's a great question! Here is a summarized version of how to resolve your issue:

1. Make sure that your AirPlay-compatible devices are turned on and near each other.
  2. Check that the devices are updated to the latest software and are on the same Wi-Fi network. 
  3. Restart the devices that you want to use with AirPlay or screen mirroring.

If you're prompted to enter a password, you might have restrictions turned on, or you might need to adjust your AirPlay password settings.

For a more in depth guide, check the link here.

If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device - Apple Support

Thanks for reaching out!

-Drake

Choppy experience while mirroring MacBook Pro 14'' 2021 to Apple TV 4K 2021

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.