You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my phone and would like to get photos back

My iphone was either lost or stolen this past weekend and I am hoping to recover the photos I lost. Unfortunately, I did not backup my phone since June 2021 and my icloud storage was full at the time of losing it. Therefore, I only currently have photos on my laptop from June 2021 and before. Is there any way to regain access to photos from the last year?

Thank you!!

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 8:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 9:01 AM

Nope. Without them being synced or backed up to iCloud or on your laptop they are simply gone unless you find or recover your lost iPhone. Even if your iCloud account was full you still had the option to back your iPhone to your laptop’s storage drive. When you plug your iPhone into your laptop (Finder if it’s a Mac, iTunes if it’s a PC) you have two choices for backup, iCloud or local storage. Lesson learned.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 1, 2022 9:01 AM in response to SadIphoneLoser

Nope. Without them being synced or backed up to iCloud or on your laptop they are simply gone unless you find or recover your lost iPhone. Even if your iCloud account was full you still had the option to back your iPhone to your laptop’s storage drive. When you plug your iPhone into your laptop (Finder if it’s a Mac, iTunes if it’s a PC) you have two choices for backup, iCloud or local storage. Lesson learned.

I lost my phone and would like to get photos back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.