You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Store updates to French (Belgium) and there is nowhere I can change it

I live in Belgium, where the majority speaks Dutch. My iPad settings are English, and Dutch as secondary. With a recent update of the Apple Store, only this app turned French on me. Nowhere to change the settings in the app itself. In my Apple ID, region, country, App Store, iCloud, all settings are English, and there is no reference anywhere that I would need French…. How do I get an English or Dutch Apple Store app?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 1:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 10:44 AM

No, apparently this is a known issue with the “Apple Store” app in Belgium. Despite the majority speaking Dutch, Apple decided to default to the less spoken French of the linguistic minority, once your country code is set to Belgium. Even expats who have set their iPad default to English will get this app in French.

once you know French, you go under règlages and reset the country from Belgique to Belgie (which for Apple is apparently another country)

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 2, 2022 10:44 AM in response to Eric Root

No, apparently this is a known issue with the “Apple Store” app in Belgium. Despite the majority speaking Dutch, Apple decided to default to the less spoken French of the linguistic minority, once your country code is set to Belgium. Even expats who have set their iPad default to English will get this app in French.

once you know French, you go under règlages and reset the country from Belgique to Belgie (which for Apple is apparently another country)

Jul 2, 2022 10:35 AM in response to reinhart240

Try a restart.

Restart your iPad.   *

Try a forced restart. See the section towards the end of the article.

Reset Device. -

If necessary

Hard reset.     -

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from the backup.

Restore to Factory setting.      *

Restore - If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.   *

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.     *

Apple Store updates to French (Belgium) and there is nowhere I can change it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.