You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I change the size of the fonts in iMac menus

The small font size for menus in iMac windows is too small for me to read comfortably. How do I make them all larger?

iMac 24″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 3:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 4:28 PM

You can't. This is what I've done:

1 - put the Mac into Dark Mode. The white text agains a black background is much easier to see and read.

2 - in the System/Display preference pane select the next scaled option next to the default one to increase text size everywhere a bit. Note: If you have a laptop it will reduce the avilable screen real estate somewhat.

3 - in the System/Accessibility/Display/Display preference pane check these checkboxes.

What this does is make the text slightly larger but much more readable. I have glaucoma and AMD so this is a must for me. I hope it's given you some ideas to try.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 2, 2022 4:28 PM in response to Ess4mail

You can't. This is what I've done:

1 - put the Mac into Dark Mode. The white text agains a black background is much easier to see and read.

2 - in the System/Display preference pane select the next scaled option next to the default one to increase text size everywhere a bit. Note: If you have a laptop it will reduce the avilable screen real estate somewhat.

3 - in the System/Accessibility/Display/Display preference pane check these checkboxes.

What this does is make the text slightly larger but much more readable. I have glaucoma and AMD so this is a must for me. I hope it's given you some ideas to try.

how do I change the size of the fonts in iMac menus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.