You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In App Purchases with Family Purchase Sharing On

Hello,

Yesterday, I made a series of in app purchases in one of my games that I play regularly. Prior to these purchases, I loaded an Apple store gift card into my account so when I got charged for the purchases, it would subtract from this balance. After these purchases, I confirmed that my app store balance was correctly charged because I witnessed the balance go down after each purchase.

However, me and my family have Family Sharing turned on, as well as purchase sharing. After my purchases, the family organizer, my father, is claiming that his credit card that he has connected to his account was charged, even though I had loaded a gift card into mine and saw my account balance go down after each purchase. I can confirm that I always had enough in my balance, and accounted for tax each time, so the credit card would never be charged.

My question is what is going on here? Why is the credit card being charged when I had an app store balance that was also charged. Shouldn’t my balance take priority? Is my father actually being charged for these purchases as well because he says he gets emails for every purchase that I make and gets billed to him.

Thank you

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 3:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 3:57 PM

This should not happen and might be a glitch. Best to call Apple Support to have this sorted right away.

As the primary account owner of the Family Sharing, I get a notice when a member purchases from the App Store -- it is a bit confusing (you think you and the member are both being charged), but best to check BOTH accounts if they're BOTH charged. If there's double billing, call Apple Support - it is faster.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 3, 2022 3:57 PM in response to PatFreeman

This should not happen and might be a glitch. Best to call Apple Support to have this sorted right away.

As the primary account owner of the Family Sharing, I get a notice when a member purchases from the App Store -- it is a bit confusing (you think you and the member are both being charged), but best to check BOTH accounts if they're BOTH charged. If there's double billing, call Apple Support - it is faster.

In App Purchases with Family Purchase Sharing On

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.