You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch no longer turns on when I rotate my wrist.

My watch no longer turns on when I rotate my wrist. I’ve checked all the settings in a peer to be correct and I have restarted/reset my watch but still doesn’t work when rotated. Any other suggestions?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 8

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 9:22 AM

3 replies

Jul 5, 2022 10:56 AM in response to Sam-1953

Hi Sam-1953,

If your Apple Watch is not waking up when it is supposed to, you can try some addition troubleshooting steps.

• Ensure the Apple Watch is snug but comfortable on your wrist and the back of the Apple Watch is in contact of your skin. Check out Wearing your Apple Watch for more information.
  • Test with different wrists and different Digital Crown orientations to see if it is working with a particular set up Change language and orientation on Apple Watch .
  • Check other wake and turn on features for the Apple Watch to see if it's just isolate to this one or if it could be waking up in general Turn on and wake Apple Watch.

Best regards.

My Apple Watch no longer turns on when I rotate my wrist.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.