You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are pasted color corrections between takes varying so much between takes?

I'm puzzled why in Final Cut Pro X, when I have 3 Multicam takes (each with the exact same cameras, lenses, artificial lighting setups, and manually set white balance, aperture, etc), why are the results so drastically different when I copy and then paste color and lighting corrections (using shift-command-V)?

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 9:08 AM

6 replies

Jul 7, 2022 5:43 AM in response to terryb

Great insight. I've forgotten to delete old color corrections in the past and added new ones to a clip in the past, but that is not the issue this time. It's almost as if the f-stop changed by two stops. Perhaps, I modified the lighting levels during the shoot and don't remember doing so.

Just want to confirm that it is possible to copy the fx settings from one angle in a Multicam clip and paste it into a clip in another Multicam clip.

Jul 7, 2022 6:44 AM in response to Quillnib

Do you really need to render? Most systems should be able to play back basic color corrections without renderings. Masks and plugins are a different story.

Background rendering is a misnomer; there's really no such thing in FCP. Rendering doesn't start until after you've paused and stopped doing anything in the application. It's really rendering while idle.

Why are pasted color corrections between takes varying so much between takes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.