You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music listening to ‘hide from profile’

Can we please have an unhide button for apple music’s listening to, and a lists to see all the album we hide from listening too, that would be really helpful, especially for someone who changed their mind, or didn’t read the sayings before you hide it from your profile.

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 11:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 7:00 PM

I am assuming you work for Apple, which means you’re at the least somewhat smart, how didn’t you understand what ttereann’s question was about? I’ve been searching for solutions to this same issue, I’ve just read so many communities questions just like ttereann’s, and all the people answering had exactly the same or very similar answer to yours. I’m not sure if you all do work in Apple or not, but I am really amazingly confused about how not one of you guys understood what the questions were about, and I refuse to believe that all you of did not understand it😂

the question here clearly stated that they wanted to see the hidden albums IN THE LISTENING TO SECTION, they didn’t mention, not even once, that they wanted to unhide THEIR OWN playlist, the question didn’t even mention (playlist), did you not read the first question in their paragraph? In a profile in Apple Music with large obvious bold white text, it shows two sections that are related to playlists or to albums, in the top of your profile it clearly says PLAYLISTS, and right under it, it clearly says LISTENING TO, so if you weren’t purposely not answering the question, and you really did not understand the question above, then go back and read it once again, I’ll assist you a bit, he or she weren’t talking about the PLAYLIST section of a Apple Music profile, he or she was talking about the LISTENING TO section of the profile.

how can we unhide ALBUMS (not our own playlists) from the !LISTENING To! section on our profiles?

(and I’m begging you, please don’t unconcernedly reply with these Apple articles, they DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, solve this issue or even mention it!

Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

or

See what friends are listening to in Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device - Apple Support

and I’m really sorry if I sounded harsh or anything like that, but after research, it appeared to me people been asking about this same issue for YEARS, and all the replies were obviously not related to the question, and I am being harsh assuming you work for Apple, because this is really truly unacceptable, I mean Apple Music should already be free for iPhone users but for some reason we still have to pay, and when we monthly pay and then one time complain about something over years, & no body has any solutions whatsoever to a very very simple issue. I’m sorry but stuff like this are just more reasons to change to another music platform. Please stop evading the simple question.

P.S. if you don’t work in Apple then dismiss the harsh parts, it is meant for them:)

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 15, 2022 7:00 PM in response to pjswiz

I am assuming you work for Apple, which means you’re at the least somewhat smart, how didn’t you understand what ttereann’s question was about? I’ve been searching for solutions to this same issue, I’ve just read so many communities questions just like ttereann’s, and all the people answering had exactly the same or very similar answer to yours. I’m not sure if you all do work in Apple or not, but I am really amazingly confused about how not one of you guys understood what the questions were about, and I refuse to believe that all you of did not understand it😂

the question here clearly stated that they wanted to see the hidden albums IN THE LISTENING TO SECTION, they didn’t mention, not even once, that they wanted to unhide THEIR OWN playlist, the question didn’t even mention (playlist), did you not read the first question in their paragraph? In a profile in Apple Music with large obvious bold white text, it shows two sections that are related to playlists or to albums, in the top of your profile it clearly says PLAYLISTS, and right under it, it clearly says LISTENING TO, so if you weren’t purposely not answering the question, and you really did not understand the question above, then go back and read it once again, I’ll assist you a bit, he or she weren’t talking about the PLAYLIST section of a Apple Music profile, he or she was talking about the LISTENING TO section of the profile.

how can we unhide ALBUMS (not our own playlists) from the !LISTENING To! section on our profiles?

(and I’m begging you, please don’t unconcernedly reply with these Apple articles, they DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, solve this issue or even mention it!

Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

or

See what friends are listening to in Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device - Apple Support

and I’m really sorry if I sounded harsh or anything like that, but after research, it appeared to me people been asking about this same issue for YEARS, and all the replies were obviously not related to the question, and I am being harsh assuming you work for Apple, because this is really truly unacceptable, I mean Apple Music should already be free for iPhone users but for some reason we still have to pay, and when we monthly pay and then one time complain about something over years, & no body has any solutions whatsoever to a very very simple issue. I’m sorry but stuff like this are just more reasons to change to another music platform. Please stop evading the simple question.

P.S. if you don’t work in Apple then dismiss the harsh parts, it is meant for them:)

Jul 6, 2022 11:43 AM in response to ttereann

There is already a button to decide which playlists do and do not show up on your profile. If the playlist is not public it will not show up on your public profile (which includes the "Listening To" section). You can also disable the Listening To feature:

1. Open the Music app on iPhone
  2. Click on Listen Now (in the bottom left corner)
  3. Click on your Apple ID profile (in the upper right corner)
  4. Click on your name / View Profile
  5. Click "Edit". This button is below your name and username
  6. Scroll down and toggle on or off which playlists you don't want public
  7. Toggle off "Listening To"

I hope this helps! Happy listening🎶

Apple music listening to ‘hide from profile’

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.