You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard on iPhone

When my thumb hovers over the caps lock key on my keyboard, the key acts as though I pushed it with my finger. Sometimes, the caps lock key gets dark with a line underneath it. I have turned off all special features for my keyboard. How do I get the caps lock key to stop activating when my thumb hovers over it?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 5:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 5:35 PM

Clean the screen, and see if that resolves the problem.

If there’s a protective case or a screen-protective film, remove that, and see if the problem persists.

It’s also possible the display is a little too sensitive, and your options there are to hover your digits higher, or to have a discussion with Apple Support about the touch screen sensitivity.

The line underneath the shift uparrow icon is the caps lock. On iPhone, caps lock can be activated by a quick double-tap on the shift key.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 6, 2022 5:35 PM in response to joyfulteacher5

Clean the screen, and see if that resolves the problem.

If there’s a protective case or a screen-protective film, remove that, and see if the problem persists.

It’s also possible the display is a little too sensitive, and your options there are to hover your digits higher, or to have a discussion with Apple Support about the touch screen sensitivity.

The line underneath the shift uparrow icon is the caps lock. On iPhone, caps lock can be activated by a quick double-tap on the shift key.

Keyboard on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.