You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transfer apps on my iphone to MacBook Pro

How do I transfer apps on my Iphone to my MacBook Pro?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 8:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 9:06 PM

lobsterghost1 Said:

"I'm confused how your answer about downloading photos to the OP's Mac is relative to the question? They want to know how to download APPS from iPhone to their Mac."

-------

Misread it as Photos. :(

8 replies

Jul 6, 2022 8:40 PM in response to TheLittles

TheLittles wrote:

Saltybobbie Said:
"transfer apps on my iphone to MacBook Pro: How do I transfer apps on my Iphone to my MacBook Pro?"
-------

Transferring Photos:
Cancel any downloads, and then restart your iPhone. Then, perform as Instructed here: Upload and Download Photos Using iCloud.com - Apple Support

I'm confused how your answer about downloading photos to the OP's Mac is relative to the question? They want to know how to download APPS from iPhone to their Mac.

Jul 7, 2022 6:56 AM in response to Saltybobbie

They’re not exactly compatible, at least not natively. Some paid apps are shared with all machines logged in to the same Apple ID. I recall that with Geekbench 2, where the Mac and iOS versions were different but the purchase on one platform gave access across all platforms. I’d see the download cloud icon in the App Store if it hadn’t already downloaded it automatically.

In any case, apps on iOS aren’t copied in any way. They can only be downloaded from the App Store.

transfer apps on my iphone to MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.