You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i print a book that i create in pages

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 1:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 1:30 PM

Print is a generic term here.

You can print a PDF from Apple's Preview application, or a Pages document from Pages directly to your printer. You cannot print an EPUB generated from Pages and opened in the Apple Books application.

A Pages document will not pass muster at professional print shops, and they may require a color corrected PDF for input that cannot be created on macOS (e.g. PDF/A, or PDF/A-3) by exportation from Pages. Although one can output a PDF/A-2 PDF from Apple's Preview, it will still need to be submitted to a PDF verification tool.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 7, 2022 1:30 PM in response to rubitz

Print is a generic term here.

You can print a PDF from Apple's Preview application, or a Pages document from Pages directly to your printer. You cannot print an EPUB generated from Pages and opened in the Apple Books application.

A Pages document will not pass muster at professional print shops, and they may require a color corrected PDF for input that cannot be created on macOS (e.g. PDF/A, or PDF/A-3) by exportation from Pages. Although one can output a PDF/A-2 PDF from Apple's Preview, it will still need to be submitted to a PDF verification tool.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.