You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification icon missing for iMessage and sapchat

The notification icon for iMessage and Snapchat are missing. As you can see below the space where the icon would be is simply just blank. I find this issue quite annoying as I am unable to tell who texts me unless I read the name (which I have bad eyesight). I’ve done a hard reset multiple times and have turned off notifications completely for a few hours but to no luck. As you can see, the promblem only happens with Snapchat and iMessage because other apps (doordash, ring, tiktok, etc) show the icon. Please let me know how I can fix this.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 4:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 5:46 PM

Hey there,

Try again restarting your iPhone ☞ Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

also make sure your iPhone is up to date ☞ Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

and make sure that app is up to date ☞ How to manually update apps on your Apple device - Apple Support

3 replies

Notification icon missing for iMessage and sapchat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.