You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown pop up

Today I was using my phone as normal and received a pop up that read “The location of this iPhone can be seen by its owner 'j•••••@gmail.com”. This is not my iCloud account and I have no email addresses beginning with J. I have looked in my settings and I have no unknown devices and my iCloud is still linked.

Could this mean my phone is hacked??? I turned off location settings just in case. I got the phone brand new and it has never been out of my sight for someone to login to.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 8:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 8:57 AM

If you don't have any unknown devices signed in, it is unlikely your phone has been hacked. I suggest you change your Apple ID password as a precaution.

Apple ID Password Change.   -  

ASC YouTube for How to reset your Apple ID password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  -   I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 8, 2022 8:57 AM in response to angelyna103

If you don't have any unknown devices signed in, it is unlikely your phone has been hacked. I suggest you change your Apple ID password as a precaution.

Apple ID Password Change.   -  

ASC YouTube for How to reset your Apple ID password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  -   I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Unknown pop up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.