You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repurchasing apps over mac

I purchased civilization 6 on my ipad, and its a great game. I was thinking to try it on mac with m1 chip, but it turns out I need to buy it again. I don't get why this is happening with apple trying to make a universal experience for their app store across iphone, ipad and mac.

I understand they charge you seperatly when mac is still running on intel chips, since developers may need some extra effort to let the app run on different platform. But now if they could get an app run on m1 ipad, how hard is it to get it run on m1 mac?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 10:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 1:00 AM

the developer of the app choose if you have to the repurchase the app on different platforms not apple

I've have to had to repurchase apps for

1 iphone 2 ipad 3 macos 4 windows

while it's tip of the hat if developers make it across the board, nobody can really force them to

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 10, 2022 1:00 AM in response to tl233

the developer of the app choose if you have to the repurchase the app on different platforms not apple

I've have to had to repurchase apps for

1 iphone 2 ipad 3 macos 4 windows

while it's tip of the hat if developers make it across the board, nobody can really force them to

Repurchasing apps over mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.