You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth keyboard not switching languages.

I’ve seen multiple posts about this issue with Apple’s Magic Keyboard. However, I am using a 3rd party keyboard. It’s getting stuck on Arabic when I try to switch between English, Arabic, and Hebrew. If I type in English, no problem. If I switch to Arabic or Hebrew from English, no problem. But if I am typing in either Arabic or Hebrew and try switching to English??? The system will display English as the input method but will only type in Arabic.

The only thing that I’ve found to work is typing an emoji, deleting it, and then the keyboard will type in the language which the iPad identifies as the current input language.

For example:

Here I’m typing in English.

هنا أدعم بالعربية. “Here I am typing in Arabic.”

»ري رخص ّ؛و فقيرها فخ فبحث هر ِرلمهسا. 😁 “And now I’m trying to type in English. 😁”

אוקי היה עברית “Okay, here’s Hebrew”

»ري رخص ّ فقغ ِرلمهسا. 😩 “And then I try English. 😩”

This seems to be an issue with the iPad, not the keyboard, because it’s happening with both Apple and 3rd party devices. This NEEDS to be fixed!

I am using a brand new 12.9” iPad Pro (5th gen) running iOS 15.5.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 8:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 8:41 AM

This is a user forum, you are not addressing apple here  just  fellow users

you can try contacting apple Support ->  Get Support (apple.com)

and or give them feedback -> Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

4 replies

Bluetooth keyboard not switching languages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.