You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Output of Apple TV 4K

I have Apple TV 4K and use it to watch Netflix and Disney+.

For the streaming, can Apple TV 4K output video to TV using HDMI cable and the same time output audio to a wireless speaker via AirPlay 2?

I don’t need TV to retrieve audio signal from Apple TV 4K and can manually turn down the volume in my TV.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 10:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 3:25 AM

Apple TV 4K can output audio to a set of wireless speakers, instead of built-in TV speakers, or instead of TV-connected speakers (e.g. soundbar), or instead of HDMI connected audio system. One audio output can be used, except for audio-only sources (mainly music) in combination with AirPlay 2.

• HomePods can be configured as default audio system for Apple TV 4K. (See Rudegar’s reply.)
  • Other AirPlay-compatible speakers can be a temporary audio output (i.e. re-select each time you want to use it).
  • Bluetooth speakers can be a temporary audio output as well, including wireless headphones.

Add different speakers through Apple TV Control Center - Apple Support

Use Bluetooth accessories with your Apple TV - Apple Support

Wireless speakers must be AirPlay-compatible from the manufacturer to be able to be used with AirPlay.

Use AirPlay to stream audio - Apple Support

AirPlay system requirements - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 11, 2022 3:25 AM in response to Ed___C

Apple TV 4K can output audio to a set of wireless speakers, instead of built-in TV speakers, or instead of TV-connected speakers (e.g. soundbar), or instead of HDMI connected audio system. One audio output can be used, except for audio-only sources (mainly music) in combination with AirPlay 2.

• HomePods can be configured as default audio system for Apple TV 4K. (See Rudegar’s reply.)
  • Other AirPlay-compatible speakers can be a temporary audio output (i.e. re-select each time you want to use it).
  • Bluetooth speakers can be a temporary audio output as well, including wireless headphones.

Add different speakers through Apple TV Control Center - Apple Support

Use Bluetooth accessories with your Apple TV - Apple Support

Wireless speakers must be AirPlay-compatible from the manufacturer to be able to be used with AirPlay.

Use AirPlay to stream audio - Apple Support

AirPlay system requirements - Apple Support

Output of Apple TV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.