You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS Music app suddenly started a pop up about "allowing the device to use apple music"

I have been using apple music for about three months now. My music collection is on a mac and has been synchronised with apple music. I have been using an iphone 11 as a player since then. Today, I added a new CD to my mac, which was duly sync'd with apple music, but ever since then, when I try to play it on the iphone, it says "Allow this device to use Apple Music? This device was previously used with a different Apple ID. To access your subscription, you will need to sync your library with this Apple ID. You will not be able to change..." I can still access apple music from the phone without error, until I try to play the new album... so its just the new album added today that is causing the problem. Any ideas why and how to fix?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 8:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 12:03 AM

Thank you but I have tried that a number of times. All Apple ID instances are correct and the same across all devices and have been the same for years but have all been loved out and in again as part of this investigation.

Similar questions

2 replies

IOS Music app suddenly started a pop up about "allowing the device to use apple music"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.