You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro

Whenever I am editing a video in final cut pro and i want to crop, transform, or distort, it works the first few times. then when i go back to click on either one of them, the icon is highlighted but there are not controls along the side so i can crop or transform. this has been happening for the longest time and if someone could please help me out, that'd be amazing. i'm sick of having to work around this technical difficulty!!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 9:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 7:32 AM

What icons are you talking about? What are you clicking where? What do you have selected?

Try trashing your preferences to start. Quit the application. Hold ⌥ ⌘ as you double click the library you want to open to launch the application. A dialog appears asking you if you want to Delete Preferences. 

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 12, 2022 7:32 AM in response to cidney226

What icons are you talking about? What are you clicking where? What do you have selected?

Try trashing your preferences to start. Quit the application. Hold ⌥ ⌘ as you double click the library you want to open to launch the application. A dialog appears asking you if you want to Delete Preferences. 

Jul 12, 2022 7:01 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

hi, thanks for getting back to me. i don't have a screenshot because it just happens randomly and so i can't control that but yes, either one of the icons whenever i click on them does this. i am doing this in viewer and i always click done. the sizing tools in viewer work for a bit, then it stops working, meaning that there are no sizing corners to drag, and then it works again. it's on and off like that over and over

Final Cut Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.