You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I move my subscription for microsoft excel to a new mac book

Can I move an existing Microsoft excel subscription from and old to a new MacBook?

Thank you.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 11:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 11:58 AM

Depending on how you bought your subscription you may be able to move it to your new MacBook.

• For an Office 365 subscription you can go to your Office.com portal, log into your account, and deactivate the old install. Then you can download the Microsoft installer offered on their website in order to make a fresh install on your new MacBook.
  • You may be able to use the Migration Assistant offered by Apple (Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support) to migrate the older content, apps, and subscription over to your new device, though, if you purchased a subscription key (instead of purchasing your subscription threw Microsoft.com or the Apple App Store), you will most likely need the 25 digit product key associated with your subscription to reactivate it on your new device. If you lost access to this key, you will need to reach out to Microsoft directly at Microsoft Office Support.

If the above steps still didn't resolve your problem you would need to get in contact with Microsoft Support, as Office is a Microsoft, not Apple product.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 12, 2022 11:58 AM in response to Plmfol

Depending on how you bought your subscription you may be able to move it to your new MacBook.

• For an Office 365 subscription you can go to your Office.com portal, log into your account, and deactivate the old install. Then you can download the Microsoft installer offered on their website in order to make a fresh install on your new MacBook.
  • You may be able to use the Migration Assistant offered by Apple (Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support) to migrate the older content, apps, and subscription over to your new device, though, if you purchased a subscription key (instead of purchasing your subscription threw Microsoft.com or the Apple App Store), you will most likely need the 25 digit product key associated with your subscription to reactivate it on your new device. If you lost access to this key, you will need to reach out to Microsoft directly at Microsoft Office Support.

If the above steps still didn't resolve your problem you would need to get in contact with Microsoft Support, as Office is a Microsoft, not Apple product.

can I move my subscription for microsoft excel to a new mac book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.