You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple id password

want to change your apple password because l can’t remember the original one but it’s asking for phone number verification and I don’t have that phone number again but I have recovery key.

What can I do?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 3:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 3:20 PM

Try to use Apples iForgot service

1. Go to iforgot.apple.com.
  2. Enter your Apple ID. Did you forget your Apple ID?
  3. Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
  4. Choose to answer your security questions, get an email, or enter your Recovery Key. ...
  5. Follow the onscreen steps to reset your password.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 12, 2022 3:20 PM in response to oreoluwa80

Try to use Apples iForgot service

1. Go to iforgot.apple.com.
  2. Enter your Apple ID. Did you forget your Apple ID?
  3. Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
  4. Choose to answer your security questions, get an email, or enter your Recovery Key. ...
  5. Follow the onscreen steps to reset your password.

Jul 13, 2022 9:54 AM in response to oreoluwa80

If you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled, if you can't recover the password using the steps above, you will need to use Account Recovery. The Recovery Process is an automated process and the length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery.   *

Apple id password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.