You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Footage is 60fps but FCP says it's 58p

Hello,

i downloaded software on Appstore called "MediaInfo" for me to get some information about the footage i was about to edit. It say it's 60fps at FullHD, but for some reason, if i inspect the video in FCP, it shows only 59.94p. If i try to render the video in 60fps, i would get choppy output (it looks like it's around 30fps).

So the only solution i yet found was to render in 59.94p, but still, i can see that some frames are missing (there is like 1sec of "stutter" around every 15 seconds).

Project codec is set to: Apple ProRes 4444

Media Inspector inside FCP:

Media inspector trough MediaInfo:

My render settings:

Anyone know what could be the problem and solution? I can provide more information if needed. It's strange for me that there is big stutter when trying to export at 60fps and i am forced to 59.94p, where the stutter is also present (only a little, but still).

Thanks for respond in advance!

EDIT:

i also found more info in FCP about the media, here it says that the footage have 58,82 frames. Strange, because everywhere else it says that the footage is 60fps (also in quicktime inspector). I am running blind here. Origin of the footage is from twitch VOD, downloaded by software called "Twitch Leecher" and it should be at 60fps.

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 2:18 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

Jul 13, 2022 2:39 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thank you for fast response!

Here is more info from MediaInfo:

I am using MacOS Monterey 12.4 on MacBook Air (M1, 2020) 16gb RAM

FCP Version is 10.6.3

(as i am looking at more detailed info from MediaInfo, i can maybe already see the problem. The frame rate is not constant and maybe the only solution i have is to run the media trough some software which makes it constant right? Or do i have "different and more easy" option?)

Jul 14, 2022 4:20 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Sorry to revive this thread again, but i run into another problem. I bought compressor and run the footage trough it. It now has constant 58.824 FPS (guess it picked the lowest from the variable frame rate file) but FCP force me to edit the video in 60 fps or 59.94p on timeline, can't edit it in origin footage frame rate, which is those 58.824. Running blind again and don't know how to fix this issue, so i am asking you again if you have any suggestions. Thank you very much for your response in advance!

Jul 14, 2022 4:33 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Appreciate your fast and on point response! I did that before but had some weird stutters at last 25% of video footage. Now trying to set retiming on those 60 fps instead of "percent of source using" which i think should fix the issue.

And yes, that did fix the issue, everything is now smoothly constant 60 fps from beginning to end.

Your help did a lot man, glad you point out the compressor software, i am very satisfied with it so far.

I am very happy, problem solved, thank you!

Footage is 60fps but FCP says it's 58p

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.