You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

For example, if i purchase my IMac and decide later that i want the final cut pro can I purchase even though i did not buy when i first got my iMac

For example, if i purchase my IMac and decide later that i want the final cut pro can I purchase even though i did not buy when i first got my iMac

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 4:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 4:15 PM

+1 for software, no problem. Simply open the Mac App Store which is located by clicking the symbol in the upper left of the display and ordering from there. It's as simple as could be.

However, if you want to change the hardware configuration, no you cannot do that. However what you can do is if you order directly from Apple you can return for any reason within 14 days and then re-order. So if, for example your original order only had 8GB of RAM and you wanted 16GB, return the 8GB machine within 14 days and then buy the 16GB version.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 13, 2022 4:15 PM in response to hyacinth258

+1 for software, no problem. Simply open the Mac App Store which is located by clicking the symbol in the upper left of the display and ordering from there. It's as simple as could be.

However, if you want to change the hardware configuration, no you cannot do that. However what you can do is if you order directly from Apple you can return for any reason within 14 days and then re-order. So if, for example your original order only had 8GB of RAM and you wanted 16GB, return the 8GB machine within 14 days and then buy the 16GB version.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.