You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Notes keyboard questions

I just got an iPad mini 5 and both my mini 4 and 5 have ios 15.5. On my mini 5 the keyboard automatically pops up when I go to Notes. I don't want it to pop up until I press on a word or line etc. It doesn't pop up on my mini 4. I just want to scroll around and look for something but I have to turn off the keyboard all the time. Is there a setting that's different?

Also now the regular keyboard shows the numbers across the top. Which is ok but how do you access them? Is there a way without tapping the 123 key? Or what's the purpose of the dim numbers and punctuations up there?

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 1:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 6:28 PM

Hi. Sorry I cannot answer your first question.

You can access whatever number or character you see dimmed on your keyboard by putting your finger on a key and pulling it down. That dimmed number should now appear in your note.

3 replies

iPad Notes keyboard questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.