You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro (M1) won't shut down - only restarts.

So I started noticing my Macbook Pro (2020, M1) was starting to always be dead when I went to use it. I then started realizing that it started waking itself whenever it went into sleep mode. I tried to troubleshoot and diagnose the issue myself with no luck. I tried resetting the SMC - however it does not shut down long enough before it automatically restarts. I tried the "first aid" options on the main mac HD, as well as completely resetting and erasing my Macbook to set it up as a new one. I cannot find anything specific to my issue on this forum. Any help would be appreciated - I'd really not like to have to go into a store and spend any money on this issue.

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 9:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 9:58 PM

Get live expert assistance by contacting Customer Support by phone or chat:

1 reply

Macbook Pro (M1) won't shut down - only restarts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.