You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got my auto-brightness shut off why does my phone keep dimming

Why does my phone keep dimming I have the auto brake shut off and I have everything that I’ve always told me to do but it’s still keeps dimming slowly

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 11:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 3:01 PM

Deago21 wrote:

Why does my phone keep dimming I have the auto brake shut off and I have everything that I’ve always told me to do but it’s still keeps dimming slowly

Settings and tap Accessibility -> Display & Text Size. Then, turn off the switch next to Auto-Brightness.

Settings -> Display & Brightness and tap Night Shift. Tap that switch to turn Night Shift off

Control Center-> press and hold the brightness slider. Then, tap the Night Shift button to toggle it off or on.

Settings -> Battery and make sure the switch next to Low Power Mode is off.

Settings > Accessibility -> Display & Text Size> Reduce White Point and check if turned off Reduce White Point.

Restart your iPhone if necessary and compare your results — restart, ie power off/on,

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 18, 2022 3:01 PM in response to Deago21

Deago21 wrote:

Settings and tap Accessibility -> Display & Text Size. Then, turn off the switch next to Auto-Brightness.

Settings -> Display & Brightness and tap Night Shift. Tap that switch to turn Night Shift off

Control Center-> press and hold the brightness slider. Then, tap the Night Shift button to toggle it off or on.

Settings -> Battery and make sure the switch next to Low Power Mode is off.

Settings > Accessibility -> Display & Text Size> Reduce White Point and check if turned off Reduce White Point.

Restart your iPhone if necessary and compare your results — restart, ie power off/on,

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Jul 18, 2022 3:03 PM in response to Deago21

There are two conditions that might cause the screen to dim, in addition to what leroydouglas posted:

1. It the phone gets too hot it will dim the screen to lower the phone’s temperature, as the screen is a huge generator of heat
  2. There’s a feature called Attention Aware that will dim the screen when you aren’t looking directly at it - you can disabled this by going to Settings/Face ID & Passcode and turning it off.

In addition, the screen will dim a few seconds before the screen auto-locks, as a warning.

I got my auto-brightness shut off why does my phone keep dimming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.