You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home kit connection to apple tv+ app ? : Instructions are not consistent and don't work

I have the HomeKit app and want to control smart plugs while away from home. After years of using wemo plugs, the do not function in today's environment (they are 3-4 years old). I am purchasing newer produced plugs and have HomeKit on my Iphone and on my tv, the appletv+ app. (not the old box). They claim that it's easy to use the apple tv+ as a hub. Can it be done?????? and how to do it... thanks so much for any help ...

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 4:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 5:06 PM

There may be some confusion about the required devices.

You’ll need a home hub to use HomeKIt. The home hub can be a modern Apple TV box, a HomePod or HomePod mini, or an iPad.

Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support

The Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app is not sufficient.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 19, 2022 5:06 PM in response to William Huisking1

There may be some confusion about the required devices.

You’ll need a home hub to use HomeKIt. The home hub can be a modern Apple TV box, a HomePod or HomePod mini, or an iPad.

Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support

The Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app is not sufficient.

Home kit connection to apple tv+ app ? : Instructions are not consistent and don't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.