You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Record of calls in and out

We each have an iPhone, same model and all, just different phone numbers.

For some reason all the calls in and out on the other phone show up in my phone’s Recents.

I’d like to not see the other phone number’s Recents on my phone.

iPhone 8

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 4:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 5:33 PM

Apple IDs are personal; they shouldn’t be shared any more than you would share a toothbrush. If you share an Apple ID with someone else many bad things will happen; what you describe is only one of the possibilities. Each user should have their own Apple ID, then you can create Family Sharing→What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support. That way you can share what you want to share and not share what you don’t want to share.

It is OK to share an Apple ID among devices used by one person, such as an iPhone, an iPad and a Mac; in fact, it is a very useful thing to do. But not between devices used by different people.

Here is Apple’s FAQ: https://appleid.apple.com/faq/#!&page=faq. See the 4th bullet item.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 20, 2022 5:33 PM in response to ClevesGang

Apple IDs are personal; they shouldn’t be shared any more than you would share a toothbrush. If you share an Apple ID with someone else many bad things will happen; what you describe is only one of the possibilities. Each user should have their own Apple ID, then you can create Family Sharing→What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support. That way you can share what you want to share and not share what you don’t want to share.

It is OK to share an Apple ID among devices used by one person, such as an iPhone, an iPad and a Mac; in fact, it is a very useful thing to do. But not between devices used by different people.

Here is Apple’s FAQ: https://appleid.apple.com/faq/#!&page=faq. See the 4th bullet item.

Jul 25, 2022 2:48 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I changed my Apple ID.

Thank You for the advice.

I still have the same issue, and it’s causing problems for the phone that kept the original ID, (an msn email address.) I’ll call that one msn.

I redid mine with a gmail address, so I’ll call this one, (mine,) gmail.

The first thing we noticed was the msn had to use the NEW password I created for gmail. Thought that was odd.

The Apple TV required we change the password on it.

The msn iCloud keeps asking the gmail password.

The Apple Watch for the msn wants the gmail password.

The msn phone says gmail for the ID and if we try to put it to msn as it should be it says it’s already in use.

If I delete phone numbers in Recent that should only associate with msn, it deletes them from msn too.

The msn phone is now recording in Recents the gmail Recents, which it didn’t do before.

I’m sure you have a quick easy solution, but we’ve tried stuff, mostly scratched our heads for two days.

Record of calls in and out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.