You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why was I charged again for a subscription of an app when I have family purchase sharing

I was originally having a problem with an app purchase/renewal back in June, that was initiated by a family member (my daughter) on my plan. We have Family Sharing/Purchasing, but she had her bank card also linked to her Apple ID for purchases that I refused to buy. Her bank card was cancelled, so this app that she had linked to her card, could not renew the subscription. Therefore, I thought I had successfully requested that my card (the main payment source) be charged for the renewal of this yearly subscription. I was charged and I was also charged for monthly renewal of the same app that has been paid for the entire year (hence, the yearly renewal)! I reached out and requested a refund of those monthly renewal charges. This morning I receive an emailed receipt for another purchase of a Yearly subscription for the EXACT app I already have and I have Family Sharing/Purchasing. Why was the app purchase even an option if the Apple ID who they are claiming, requested the app, is part of my Family Plan and who already has (and has had for a couple years) the app installed on her phone? Since the app was purchased a month ago and I have Family Purchase Sharing, etc., then she (my family) should have just been able to use the app and not be prompted to purchase anything. Again, she has had the app, so it's not like she just tried to install. So I have paid over $80.00 for 2 yearly subscriptions to the same app, in a months time. What's the problem here?

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 6:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 6:53 AM

You can request for a refund and see what apple have to say

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

1 reply

Why was I charged again for a subscription of an app when I have family purchase sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.