You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Time

I’m trying to change my 11 year old daughter who is in my family sharing from a adult status to a child status so I can limit things on her phone .

iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 8:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 9:13 AM

As far as I know you can't convert an AppleID from Adult to Child. You are more than likely just going to want to create a brand new AppleID for your child:

-> Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

You may want to reach out to Apple Support over the phone so they can confirm this and/or walk you through creating the Family Share/Screen Time settings.

-> Call Apple Support 1-800-APL-CARE

(Local + International Numbers plus ASL support)

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Otherwise, these links might come in handy:

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 21, 2022 9:13 AM in response to StellaRose7

As far as I know you can't convert an AppleID from Adult to Child. You are more than likely just going to want to create a brand new AppleID for your child:

-> Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

You may want to reach out to Apple Support over the phone so they can confirm this and/or walk you through creating the Family Share/Screen Time settings.

-> Call Apple Support 1-800-APL-CARE

(Local + International Numbers plus ASL support)

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Otherwise, these links might come in handy:

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Screen Time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.