You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon printer drivers disappeared

Any help appreciated...

My printer that was working yesterday was acting flaky today so I removed it and when I re-add it there are no Canon drivers to select. Canon's website says the drivers are built into the OS and I have installed their software package which doesn't install drivers either.

Mac OS 12.4

Canon TS 3122, latest firmware update.

See image for current situation:

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 7:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 7:58 AM

Hi,

The Canon TS3122 is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support.

It is an AirPrint printer model, and can be used without additional drivers if the printer and the computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). An AirPrint printer is compatible with macOS (Monterey).

The following guide from Canon Europe (for similar models, such as the TS3150) could perhaps be of interest to you.

https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/apple_airprint_guide/

If there is a problem with AirPrint discovery for one or more devices, and if all settings are correct, you may want to try the following full procedure (in the exact order):

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac computer, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac computer. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 22, 2022 7:58 AM in response to PhillipC-in-NC

Hi,

The Canon TS3122 is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support.

It is an AirPrint printer model, and can be used without additional drivers if the printer and the computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). An AirPrint printer is compatible with macOS (Monterey).

The following guide from Canon Europe (for similar models, such as the TS3150) could perhaps be of interest to you.

https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/apple_airprint_guide/

If there is a problem with AirPrint discovery for one or more devices, and if all settings are correct, you may want to try the following full procedure (in the exact order):

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac computer, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac computer. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Jul 22, 2022 8:39 AM in response to PhillipC-in-NC

Yes, I noticed that USB was mentioned under Kind. However, as you know, the Canon web site says that a driver is not available for the system version in question (macOS 12). The reason is the AirPrint technology, which does not require the installation of any drivers, and is supported by the latest macOS version. AirPrint relies on Bonjour/mDNS for device discovery.

So, try to connect the printer wirelessly to your existing Wi-Fi router. Disconnect the USB cable. If necessary, use WPS for the setup (if supported). For details, see the links in my previous message. Good luck!

Using USB would require drivers. Sometimes, an older driver will still work, but that would be experimental.

Canon printer drivers disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.