You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud set up on new phone

My elderly aunt lost her iPhone this week and replaced it today but when she logged into her Apple ID it backed up the new phone from what her iPad has on it. She is very upset over losing her contacts and is confused as of why it restored the new phone based on the iPad and not her previous iPhone. I've been trying to figure it out for her and I am having a hard time finding the answer.

iPhone SE (Gen 3)

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 2:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 2:58 PM

Kenziekay326 wrote:

My elderly aunt lost her iPhone this week and replaced it today but when she logged into her Apple ID it backed up the new phone from what her iPad has on it. She is very upset over losing her contacts and is confused as of why it restored the new phone based on the iPad and not her previous iPhone. I've been trying to figure it out for her and I am having a hard time finding the answer.

She is given options on what backup to restore from, she probably chose ipad by mistake.

She would need to completely wipe the phone and then restore from the phone backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 22, 2022 2:58 PM in response to Kenziekay326

Kenziekay326 wrote:

She is given options on what backup to restore from, she probably chose ipad by mistake.

She would need to completely wipe the phone and then restore from the phone backup.

iCloud set up on new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.