You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 suddenly overheating/won't charge

I've had my iphone 12 for around a year and never had any issues until today. I used it as normal, took some videos and then it became very hot but had no message about it overheating. I turned it off as it was a worrying temperature but since then I've turned it back on only for it to be hot whenever on/charging. I left it charging next to a fan which helped with the heat issue but now it only seems to charge 1% every 5 minutes or so and the percentage drops significantly after a few minutes use. I've checked the battery settings and the maximum capacity is 94%. The phone is performing completely fine but just wont hold its charge or cool down.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 4:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 5:12 PM

Based on your situation, I recommend service.

Service Checklist:

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status. 🔧

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 22, 2022 5:12 PM in response to AC1198

Based on your situation, I recommend service.

Service Checklist:

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status. 🔧

iPhone 12 suddenly overheating/won't charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.